Curiosity Collider Art-Science Foundation is looking for curious, friendly, and welcoming individuals to assist and support Curiosity Collider’s upcoming exhibitions and events. If you are interested in art and science, connecting with other like-minded volunteers, or expanding your experience, consider joining our volunteer team!
Our upcoming exhibition is Interstitial, an art exhibition on Science Innovations by Canadian Women from June 8-22 at the Beaumont Studios.
- Providing exhibition or event introductions
- Engaging attendees in conversations about the exhibition or event
- Answer general questions about Curiosity Collider
- Assisting art purchasers on how to purchase art works in exhibition
- Ensuring the security of art work on exhibition
- Maintaining the cleanliness and order of the gallery space
- Supporting exhibition and event preparation, set up, clean up, and strike down
We welcome additional contributions such as helping develop promotional social media content during exhibitions, or providing additional activities during gallery hours (activities must be pre-approved by Curiosity Collider). Curiosity Collider will provide training prior to each event/exhibition.
We are looking for individuals who are/have:
- Friendly, professional, and driven
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have a general interest in both art and science
- Comfortable speaking to the general public
- Ability to exercise accuracy, judgment, tact, and discretion
- Able to work independently while part of a team
- Knowledge of issues regarding women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is an asset as that’s the theme for our upcoming exhibition.
We are not currently seeking volunteers under age 18.
For our upcoming exhibition, we are looking for individuals who have availability from Tuesday to Saturday during June 8-22, between 1-5pm. If you are not availability during this period of time but are interested in volunteering for future activities, please indicate so in your application.
ABOUT CURIOSITY COLLIDER
Curiosity Collider Art-Science Foundation is a registered Vancouver-based non-profit. Our grassroots organization establishes and maintains an open forum that promotes interdisciplinary curiosity, and innovative ways to experience science. We provide a creative connection for science and technology, visual and performing arts, culture and community, education, and public interests. We foster a growing community by providing resources, events, and functions for continued multidisciplinary discussion and interaction.
The Collider is open to working with people from all visible minorities. Members of our community are not required to identify themselves by religious affiliation, gender identity, or race. We welcome all curious people.
Submit your application below. If you have any questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.