Interested in joining us in our next event, exhibition, or collaboration?
Do you exist in both the worlds of art and science? Does your artistic practice rely on science? Does your scientific practice rely on art?
You are just who we’re looking for! We would like to get to know you and your sci/art practice. You can apply to both specific calls or our general open call.
General Open Call for Artists/Scientists
Opportunities you may be eligible for through the open call:
- Spark: Emerging Collisions Between Art and Science, our large yearly group exhibition
- Smaller group exhibitions
- Speaker events
- Your submitted materials must fit within our mandate.
- Your artwork should go beyond inspiration, and reflect focused study of scientific concepts.
- We welcome submissions from artists and scientists.
- Applications accepted from everywhere, however events are held in Vancouver, BC. At this time we are unable to cover travel expenses.
Other things to keep in mind:
- We pay artists CARFAC rate
- You can apply to both the open call and to any specific calls
- You are not pitching a specific show to us; we would like to learn about you and your work
- All submissions will be reviewed and considered. We will add you to our database of creators and contact you if we feel you are a great fit for any of our events.
In your submission package, include:
- A description (250 word max) about how your work combines/expresses a connection between art and science
- A bio (100 word max)
- A CV, max 3 pages
- Submit 5 – 10 images of your work, 72 dpi, 1024 pixels on the longest side, no larger than 1 MB each, with an image list, OR
Submit a link to a video up to 5 minutes to represent your work.
- A link to your website
- Your name, address, email, and any other contact information.
If you have any questions about this call for submissions, contact us at email@example.com.