Interested in joining us in our next event, exhibition, or collaboration?
General Open Call for Artists/Scientists
Do you exist in both the worlds of art and science? Does your artistic practice rely on science? Does your scientific practice rely on art?
You are just who we’re looking for!
We would like to get to know you and your sci/art practice. Answering this call is the first step to working with us.
All submissions will be reviewed and considered. We will add you to our database of creators, and contact you if we feel you are a great fit for any of our events.
Opportunities you may be eligible for through the open call:
- Collider Cafe our quarterly speaker event at Cafe Deux Soleils
- Spark: Emerging Collisions Between Art and Science, our large yearly group exhibition
- Other one night only speaker events
- Your submitted materials must fit within our mandate.
- Your artwork should go beyond inspiration, and reflect focused study of scientific concepts.
- We welcome submissions from artists and scientists.
Other things to keep in mind:
- We pay artists CARFAC rate
- You can apply to both the open call and to any specific calls
- You are not pitching a specific show to us; we would like to learn about you and your work
- All submissions will be reviewed and considered. We will add you to our database of creators and contact you if we feel you are a great fit for any of our events and contact you.
In your submission package, include:
- A description (250 word max) about how your work combines/expresses a connection between art and science
- A bio (100 word max)
- A CV, max 3 pages
- Three images of your work, 72 dpi, 1000 - 2000 pixels on the longest side, no larger than 1 MB
- A link to your website
- Your name, address, email, and any other contact information.
Upcoming Specific Call: Night Shift
More information to come - stay tuned!