Curiosity Collider has the pleasure of curating the April 5th 2018 edition of The Museum of Anthropology’s monthly Nightshift event. We will present “Quantum: Future Possibilities.”
We will dive deep into the quantum realm, and the implications of potential future breakthroughs in that field. Through performances and art installations, we will expand our audiences understanding and appreciation of nano-scale physics.
Curiosity Collider is looking for artists and performers who express the wonders of quantum mechanics through their artistic practice. Performance art, interactive installations, music, dance, new media, and 2D or 3D artists are welcome to apply to present their artwork as part of this showcase event celebrating the quantum realm. We are looking for performances that are approximately 15 minutes in length. 2D works can be up to approximately 3’ x 3,’ and 3D works can be up to approximately 2’ x 2’ x 2.’ The deadline for this call is Thursday, February 15.
We will accept existing work that fits within the theme, or you may propose new work to be created for this event.
- Your submitted materials must fit within our mandate.
- Your artwork should go beyond inspiration, and reflect focused study of scientific concepts.
- We welcome submissions from artists and scientists.
- Applications accepted from everywhere, however events are held in Vancouver, BC. At this time we are unable to cover travel expenses.
Other things to keep in mind:
- We pay artists CARFAC rate
- You can apply to both the open call and to any specific calls
- All submissions will be reviewed and considered. We will add you to our database of creators and contact you if we feel you are a great fit for any of our events and contact you.
In your submission package, include:
- A statement (500 word) about how your project will express the theme
- A bio (200 word)
- A CV, max 3 pages
- Submit 5 – 10 images of your work, 72 dpi, 1024 pixels on the longest side, no larger than 1 MB each, with an image list, OR
Submit a link to a video up to 5 minutes to represent your work.
- A link to your website
- Your name, address, email, and any other contact information.