Date(s) - 18/08/2016
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
H.R. MacMillan Space Centre
1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC
An Evening of Art, Science and Performance under the Dome
$20.00 sliding scale. Proceeds will be used to cover the cost of running this event, and to fund future Curiosity Collider events. Curiosity Collider is a registered BC non-profit organization. Purchase tickets on our Eventbrite page.
This event is 19+ only.
“We are made of star stuff,” Carl Sagan once said. From constellations to our nervous system, from stars to our neurons. We’re colliding neuroscience and astronomy with performance art, sound, dance, and animation for one amazing evening under the planetarium dome. Together, let’s explore similar patterns at the macro (astronomy) and micro (neurobiology) scale by taking a tour through both outer and inner space.
This show is curated by Curiosity Collider’s Creative Director Char Hoyt, along with Special Guest Curator Naila Kuhlmann, and developed in collaboration with the MacMillan Space Centre. There will also be an Art-Science silent auction to raise funding for future Curiosity Collider activities.
Participating performers include:
- Alexandria Jaeger (Neuroscience, Dancer)
- Amy Fielder (Animation Designer)
- Brady Marks (Cultural Prototyper, Interactive Art, Digital Media)
- Char Hoyt (Artist /Curator)
- Cheryl Wellington (Neurodegenerative Disease, Traumatic Brain Injury, Bellydance)
- Flyingoctopus (Computational Media Art & Science – Physics/Applied Math/Spaaaaace)
- Hfour: Ben Z Cooper & Stuart J Ward (Multimedia Art)
- Jaymie Matthews (Astronomer)
- Megan Veaudry (Dance, Textiles)
- Naila Kuhlmann (Neuroscience, Dance)
- Naomi Steinberg (Storyteller)
- Niel McLaren (Creative Technology)
- Niqua Nossam (Dance)
- Sammy Chien (Interdisciplinary Media Arts/New Media/Contemporary Dance/Theatre/Electroacoustic Music)
- Samsara Marriott (Theremin player, Science educator)
- Sarah Fernando (Biology, Poetry)
- Sarah Louadi (Neuroscience, Immunology, Dance)
- And more!
Head to the Facebook event page: Let us know you are coming and share this event with others! We will also share event updates and performer profiles on the Facebook page.