Date(s) - 10/06/2017
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
2901 E Hastings St, Vancouver, BC
When we blend classical art, science and digital technology, what remains the same and what becomes a hybrid? This panel explores how we collaborate to mix classical art, applied science and technology. We’ll dive into questions like:
- Are alternate perspectives just inspiration? What can science learn from classical art practices?
- Is art evolving with applied science and technology? How? What will future art look like? Is painting dead?
- What are the challenges when artists and scientists collaborate?
Join us for an interactive discussion on the evolution of these merging practices.
- Jen Burgess (Science Illustrator)
- Alina Sotskova (Psychologist, Dancer, Photographer, Voirelia)
- Hfour: Ben Z Cooper & Stuart J Ward (Multimedia art)
- Theresa Liao (Community Relations Director, Curiosity Collider)
- Char Hoyt (Creative Director, Curiosity Collider)